Working in offline mode

This whole app is just a mess, I’m over it. Anyone have any suggestions for Postman alternatives w/ similar features?

Seriously, how hard is it to have a locally cached copy of all workspaces to load if there is no internet connection?

Outlook have done it for decades… #justsaying

Please fix this before you lose a lot more users

This is not a specific account issue. It is a general issue for customers who for security reasons are not online with the internet and are not allowed to expose their test data.

1 Like

I have been facing the exact same issue. Luckily I was able to switch to scratch pad more. But I lost all the saved data under my workspace. Its weird that an upgrade restricts the usage.

1 Like

I have no idea how Postman allowed a problem like this into an otherwise great tool.

Why I can’t I just store all of my data locally, like Git, then synchronize when I have a connection, like Git. The bizarre thing is Postman has most of this functionality in the current version including handling conflicts so why enforce such a limitation?

Working offline is not a new concept or even an edge case, it is legitimate thing that happens to many developers and Postman becomes completely useless when the connection is lost. Yes, I could use scratch pad but whats the point? I get to do a bunch of work there then go through the exercise of exporting it and importing it back to my workspace?

3 Likes

Unable to load data as you’re offline

Your data may not be upto date until you’re back online

:frowning:

Can’t use postman without good internet. Very frustrating now

1 Like

So my employer just opted not to use postman at all, ever, for any reason, because this is SO invasive. A tool that forces users to upload proprietary information to outside servers is entirely unacceptable for many industries.

1 Like