Need an old version with scratchpad

Since the new version of postman no longer works offline i need a link to an older version where scratchpad still works while i move away from the now useless tool.

I saw a post with concerns that has been arbitrarily closed without any real answers, I was really expecting a little more understanding from the postman team, but it seems the issue is being heavily forced without even providing a real answer to the problem.

2 Likes

Hey @irian81 :wave:

Welcome to the Postman Community! :postman:

Were there specific concerns raised that you felt weren’t being answered? I’m happy to clarify anything here. :pray:

We currently have 28+ topics which relate to the sunsetting of Scratch Pad and the announcement of the Lightweight API Client. Closing topics out was done to reduce the amount of duplicates that contain the same information.

On the announcement blog post that we released back in May, there are a number of FAQs that have been raised and we have providing answers to these.

If there are concerns that you would like more information on, please do reach out to us on migrate@postman.com.

The main concern that i have not see answered anywhere is how to continue using collections offline without having to sync them anywhere.

There are a lot of closed posts where people kept asking how can we continue working offline with collections but without sync, and I have seen no positive answers.

So I ask this again is there a way to keep using collections in offline mode without having them synced to the cloud, not getting access to the collection data but using the collection features, creating new collections and managing existing ones without sync

In the latest version of the platform, you will need an account and be signed in, to continue to use Collections.

Alternatively, you can use the Lightweight API Client to send HTTP, WebSocket, gRPC, and GraphQL requests to test your APIs. From the LWC, you can also Export your data from the ⚙️ > Settings > Data > Export data option.

So it has been made amply clear that Collections are no longer available in offline mode, with no alternative, even if you don’t say that clearly, there is no alternative in sight except for loading all of the data on your servers that are for sure extremely safe and well guarded but still outside of one’s control.

Fortunately my problems have nothing to do with security for now but they will get there eventually.

In my humble opinion you should address this matter in some way at least release the latest version that still includes scratchpad in offline mode and make that an option that will stay there for the foreseeable future clearly stating that you will no longer do maintenance on that code, but at least it will solve the sudden lack of offline capabilities, even better offer the same thing for a price this time obviously with maintenance and updates, and I’ll probably line up for the purchase.

2 Likes

Why was this marked as a solution? The OP was looking for a version of postman with scratchpad since the lightweight API client doesn’t have collections.

The lightweight api is not a solution for users that do not want to store our collections on the postman servers.

I haven’t had time to try it yet but this issue seems to have the links to a version of postman with scratchpad: How to Downgrade Postman · Issue #12369 · postmanlabs/postman-app-support · GitHub

1 Like

Nevermind. Seems like the links are broken now.

I can say for sure I have never marked any solution since the answer for me was that there is no real answer the collection feature can no longer be used in offline mode.

Obviously the so called ligthweigth client is not the solution.

Now to see if I have the right to un-mark this

Just to avoid any further confusion.

There is NO solution to this problem, the collection functionality in postman can no longer be used in offline mode the feature has been removed for good.

It is still available only if you accept to store everything in the postman cloud.

The Scratch Pad feature is now EOL and the Lightweight API Client can be used to send HTTP, WebSocket, gRPC, and GraphQL requests to test your APIs.

If you require the usage of features like Collections and Environments, you will need to create a Postman account (If you have posted on the forum, you already have one).

Any further issues you you may have, could you please reach out to us on migrate@postman.com.

Extract from our Trust and Security page as it feels relevant to @irian81’s comment “if you accept to store everything in the postman cloud.

All customer data is stored on the Amazon Relational Database Service and configured securely. Data is stored with at least dual redundancy, with 15-day backups, and is accessible only in the private cloud. We have also instituted per-service access protection and data isolation.

We use cryptographic methods and industry standards to protect customer data in transit between Postman clients, the cloud, and at rest. For example, all communications and data in transit over the internet require the latest version of Transport Layer Security, a cryptographic protocol that provides end-to-end encryption. By default, encryption is also enabled on all our services that contain data at rest.

Also, your sensitive data at rest is encrypted on the server side before storage using AES-256-GCM. The Advanced Encryption Standard with Galois Counter Mode (AES-GCM) provides authenticated encryption, which ensures data confidentiality and integrity.

Other encryption methods include securing customer and company data at the application layer using AES-256-GCM. We encrypt sensitive data, including environment variables, access and refresh tokens, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) secret keys. Postman also encrypts your data using a key management service from AWS. In addition, we have key management capabilities to encrypt sensitive data at the application layer.

We maintain all internal testing and validation data in a production-stack equivalent internal stack populated with fictitious data, meaning Postman does not distribute customer data for internal testing or validation purposes.

More security related details can be found on the page listed above and also on the Security and Trust FAQs and the Security and Trust Portal.