Shared collection across multiple simultaneous logged-in team members

Hey,

we are enthusiastically using Postman Pro in our team, and naively toyed and fiddled with a suite of some hundreds of tests, while multiple members of the team were logged into postman at the same time. The result is

• spurious copies of seemingly random tests in random folders
  • sometimes loss of hierarchy (tests move out of folders)
  • different set of tests on each machine (!), e.g. one sees 193 tests, the other 227 etc. while it should be exactly 180
  • uncertainty, which of the various incarnations is the one which reflects the current synch state

While we hoped it would have been fixed w/ the Jan/25th update, it hasn’t vanished completely (even though improved, thanks for that!)

While this is far from bein a helpful usecase description, could you provide insight as to what kind of information you would need, to track this down? I am not sure, how much of our testsuite is already visible/understandable to you, so lemme know.

No matter what, keep up the fine work, thanks for reading this far, and cookies to Calvin 'n Cooper

2 Likes

wel, to clarify a point:

We get those different sets of tests just by logging in, not by having local modifications, that would be a bit understandable. But without any revision control/backups, it becomes a bit hazardous to keep fixing/repairing the suite, every time other team members log in and run tests (which I’ld assume qualifies as “read-only”). We all see “in-sync” in the top bar, but we obviously aren’t. All using the recent postman version as of Jan 25th (Mac and Win).

… still more cookies for Calvin and Cooper

1 Like

Hey @G.Sass! I sent you a PM.

p.s. Calvin and Cooper say thank you :heart::cookie:

Any helpful discoveries or insights yet?

I’ve run into the same problem. Having multiple users working on the same collections was wreaking havoc on the collections and the environments.

I’ve moved my team to “sharing” nothing, and using the export/import functionality to save collections and environments in BitBucket instead.

Hey @claire ,
any particular reason for the PM?
Our team encounters the same issue and its very worrysome, we can´t trust the collection and already lost a LOT of work…
Help would be much appreciated
Regards