Run Collection - URL is empty

I have very (very) limited experience with Postman, but in my new job, I find I need to run a simple collection with a couple of values. However, when I tried running a collection with a CSV file with the values it reported:

Error: runtime:extensions~request: request url is empty

Thinking I didn’t understand how running collections works, I followed the steps in the following doc:

The results, however, were the same, i.e. request url is empty.

What is missing from the documentation that stops this feature from working properly?

Hey @descent-module-geo27 :wave:

Are all the request tabs saved? Or do you still have unsaved changes in the requests?

If you have changed the requests to use say, {{url}} which is reading the value from a file, where previously it was hardcoded. If the request is unsaved, the collection runner wouldn’t pick up that new edited value.

I haven’t seen you’re app window so this is just a guess but that’s the likely cause as you mentioned using the runner.

You could also enable the Autosave feature in the settings to help mitigate this from happening.

Spot on, @danny-dainton. It was as simple as hitting save for the URL.

As they say, a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, but at least I’ve learnt something new today so hopefully, I’m not as “dangerous” as I was. :laughing:

Thanks very much for the prompt help. Appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.