Postman native on Linux always hangs/freezes

I am running the Postman native app (5.5.0) on Linux, and it very often hangs or freezes (it has always done this - not just the present version). Just the app, thankfully not the whole system, but it’s irritating to always have to go to a shell, kill it and restart it. Does no one else experience this on Linux? Thanks.

Hi @djiann

We have made a lot of improvements as part of the new Postman 6.0. This is out for early access on our Canary channel. You can download it from here.

We have seen some performance improvements out of the box. We’ll be working more on 6.0 to improve performance, reduce memory consumption and increase general stability. Please try the Canary channel and send us your feedback.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

So… I found a regression in Canary. Where is the best place to report?

You can report general issues here. We’ll take a look at it. If you have sensitive data in your error report, you can drop us a mail at help@getpostman.com.

Nothing sensitive. If I change the left sidebar to “Collections”, then mouse-over my test suite, which contains 22 requests, I get the two operators on the right, “>” and “…”. If I select “>” I get a pop-out panel that shows the requests and also buttons for Share, Run, and a bunch of icons. Check the list of requests. They are scrambled up in random order, not in the same order that they appear in the Collection. This display is correct in 5.5.0, random/scrambled in 6.0.4.

Hi @djiann

Thanks for reporting the issue. We will get a fix out for this in the next Canary.

1 Like