InterceptorBridge installation fail due to DeprecationWarning

Hi, trying to sync cookies on MacOS using Interceptor, auto install did not work nor did the manual one.

In postman UI the error is Node.js download failed.

In the command line, when running /.postman/InterceptorBridge the error is (node:3994) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.

Postman ver is 10.6.7
Node ver is 18.12.1
Postman Interceptor chrome ext ver is 1.1.2
InterceptorBridge ver is 1.0.1

Anything more I should try? Thanks

I’m having the same issue. I just submitted a ticket. I tried the following from advice from GPT with no luck…

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Node.js installed on your machine. You can check your current version by running node -v in the terminal. If you need to update Node.js, you can download the latest version from the official website (https://nodejs.org/) or use a package manager like nvm (GitHub - nvm-sh/nvm: Node Version Manager - POSIX-compliant bash script to manage multiple active node.js versions).
  2. Navigate to the directory where you installed the Interceptor Bridge using the cd command. For example, if you installed it in the Downloads folder, you would run: cd /Users/<foldername>/Downloads/InterceptorBridge_MacOS
  3. Run the InterceptorBridge executable file by typing ./InterceptorBridge in the terminal and pressing Enter.
  4. If the above steps don’t work, try running the Interceptor Bridge with the --no-sandbox flag. This flag is used to disable the sandbox mode in Google Chrome, which can sometimes cause issues with the Interceptor Bridge. To run the Interceptor Bridge with this flag, type ./InterceptorBridge --no-sandbox in the terminal and press Enter.
  5. If you continue to have issues, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Interceptor Bridge. Make sure to delete the entire InterceptorBridge_MacOS directory before reinstalling to ensure that all files are properly replaced.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I have no problem downloading the files or running it, I never had issues with that.
The problem is with installing InterceptorBridge after it was downloaded.
The function Buffer() used during the InterceptorBridge installation is deprecated and blocked from running.

The error is:

./InterceptorBridge

(node:8471) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.

I’ve asked their support for a workaround or an option to compile the InterceptorBridge with one of the newer, suggested functions? (Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from())

More info:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52165333/deprecationwarning-buffer-is-deprecated-due-to-security-and-usability-issues

Regards,
Or