Unable to download Interceptor Bridge from within Postman

When turning on cookie capture from within Postman I kept getting a download failure perhaps because of a firewall issue. The only way to overcome this was to download it separately for Windows, install it then restart chrome. I used the link in Interceptor integration for Postman Native Apps
which was very helpful

1 Like

@holdep, can you tell us which version of postman you are using now? By following that link you mentioned do you see Interceptor connected on postman app?

I am using 7.20.0 Postman. If I run the install_host batch file from the extracted link download then re-open Chrome it shows as connected in Postman. But if I try to click the Install Interceptor Bridge button in Postman the download always fails with an internet connection failure which is nothing to do with internet connection.

@holdep INTERNET_CONNECTIVITY is an error code which is shown when there are proxy issue, firewall issue or no internet connection. Please refer to our troubleshooting document https://learning.postman.com/docs/postman/sending-api-requests/interceptor/#troubleshooting-tips for resolving the errors while installation.

There is nothing in the troubleshooting documents about how to resolve this. It is most likely a firewall issue which I have no control over. So the only option is to download it separately which I did. It is misleading and not helpful to have a download within the application itself when on a corporate basis this is likely to fail.It would be better therefore to have this extra piece of software as part of the Postman installation files.

Hi @holdep, did you manage to fix or work around this issue?

1 Like

Hope this one helps!

That’s the button that does not work. The problem here is the “Install Interceptor Bridge” download inside Postman does not work and there’s no way to debug why it’s failing.

For those like me who wound up here wondering why the NodeJS interceptor bridge package won’t install… here it is:

Still can’t get the app to recognize that I installed it globally. I’ll continue to work on this.