Having problem signing in to the Postman Desktop app

Hi,

Is it somehow possible to sign in to the Postman Desktop app (preferably without uninstalling/reinstalling)?

When I downloaded the Postman Desktop app it opened and Sign in button was displayed in it. When I clicked on Sign in button I signed in to my account on https://web.postman.co/home and after some time the text “Your request timed out. Please try signing in again.” was displayed as the answer to signing in on the Postman Desktop app.

I can replicate the issue with a different network.

Thanks in advance for help.

Hey there!

Congrats on your first post and welcome to the community! :confetti_ball:

Could you do me a favor and try restarting your app as well as logging out and logging back in on the postman website?
You could also try clicking “Skip and take me to Postman Desktop App” at the bottom and attempt signing in at the top right that way.

You should not have to reinstall Postman to sign in :sweat_smile:

Thanks. :smile:

I tried restarting the Postman Desktop app as well as logging out and logging back on the Postman website and nothing changed.

I also tried clicking “Skip and take me to Postman Desktop App” at the bottom and attempted signing in at the top right that way and at first was displayed

and then

Ah! No such luck :sweat:

I haven’t encountered this issue yet so I am afraid I am of little help here.

It seems that it could be a cookie/cache or proxy issue. I seem to only see this screen when I leave the window open for too long without completing the login. Do you see anything like this screenshot after logging in on your browser?

There is the option of signing in using your authorization token at the bottom of that screenshot and then pasting it into your first screenshot.

Otherwise I would suggest opening up a ticket at the Postman support center or emailing help@postman.com. They should be able to give you more immediate support and also be able to tell if there is any issue on our end.

I didn’t see anything like this screenshot.

Can I ask my question from this category in Help category?

A ticket or email should have a faster response, but I can move this thread to the help category to avoid a duplicate post :smile:

Hi guys,
Im having this error on ubuntu only. Home user, no proxy, no firewall. On windows works fine. Has anyone solved this?
I can login normally in webapp, same ubuntu vm.

Thanks.