Can't select file at form-data, "Make sure that Postman can read files inside the working directory."

I am trying to select my image but there is error. What i need to do to get this error away?

@thedenhome: Hello, Welcome to the community!!

Can you check the location of the file? Else you would need to configure the working directory. Please refer

That error message makes me think you have a permissions issue.

If you open up settings (ctrl+,) and scroll to the bottom, where is the working directory pointed?

You might want to change it to a location that is public, if necessary.

Many thanks for this post.
I have the same problem!

I’m using Postman Agent on Windows
I’ve set the ‘working directory’ to be a path on my C: (Windows!).

When using Postman web and I select a file under that path I’ve specified, I get this error: “Make sure postman can read files inside the working directory”

I see that inside Postman web it shows the working directory to be “~/Postman/files”. This isn’t the same the same setting I see inside Postman on Windows. So where is this “~/Postman/files” folder on Windows? (I’ve tried lots of places, but none seem to work for me).

Should I understand that the web and the windows desktop are specifying the same working directory? (i.e. I can only have 1 working directory that is used by both?) Or is there a different working directory, one for the web, one for the desktop?

It would be nice for the Postman agent to say where it thinks its working directory is.

Many thanks for any suggestions, Matthew

I worked it out! The folder is C:\Users\USERNAME\Postman\files
Not obvious at all.

1 Like

Glad that worked! :slight_smile: Also for anyone facing similar issue, navigate to Settings and Toggle on the option “Allow reading files outside working directory” and that should help.

Thank you,
Oddly I played with that setting ‘allow reading files outside working directory’ and, for me at least, it didn’t appear to make any difference. I’m using a Windows PC. Anyway, I’m pleased I got it to work :wink: Thanks again, Matthew

1 Like