Workspace cant set to public

My workspace has been running for a week, but today it’s not running smoothly. setting changed to Team…
Why my workspace can’t be set to public?

in workspace setting " Couldn’t change visibility

Update workspace visibility to public rate limited "

1 Like

I am getting that same error when trying to set my workspace to public just now. Did you find a fix?

I’m also having this problem,

somehow set my workspace to a team one, deleted the team, and in the process my workspace was set to private, and now I can’t set it to public again. Keep getting the error:

Couldn’t change visibility. Update workspace visibility to public rate limited

I’ve tried waiting it out, but it doesn’t seem to help, not sure what to do.

Hi @kellyfromsales, @valensh1,

Could you please post your workspace id that is causing this error? Alternatively, you can write to help@postman.com with the workspace id. We’ll take a look to see what’s wrong.

1 Like

I wrote to help@ last night and had a reply a little earlier today, after a couple of questions it’s back to public now and the issue is sorted, :slight_smile:

can you help provide info

I think, this is likely to be an anti-spam or anti-abuse feature. Perhaps very new accounts are “rate limited” to “you have to have existed for X days before you can begin creating public content…”

Hi everyone,

We’re dealing with some bot abuse recently with public workspaces and have started to rate limit some things for new accounts. Please bare with us while we get this fine tuned. If you’re noticing issues with making workspaces public or disappearing, please open a ticket with support.

I know this thread is two years old. But this is explaining exactly my issue, and postman support seems to be no help, as their answer is to create a new workspace. Tried that, had workspace and collection setup and publically visible, only to have it revert to team visibility yet again. Then when I try to set visibility to public…the dreaded too many requests error.

Hey @dynamicpdf,

Apologies for the inconvenience here and the to and fro you had to go through!

Could you try changing the visibility of the workspace to public now and let me know if it’s working as expected?

It still doesn’t work. Now the behavior is it allows me to change the workspace to public. I get the confirmation email. But I can visually observe postman refreshing to change back to team almost immediately. I can change to public again, but then postman refreshes until it is back to team. Attached is a screen recording demonstrating the behavior. The refreshing you see is not me refreshing, this occurs automatically.

I cannot attach the screen video. But literally you can watch postman update itself from public back to team by refreshing the screen.

The autorefreshing is in chrome and Postman app. Microsoft Edge does not refresh. However, if I navigate away and then back to the workspace settings, it is updated back to team.

(Attachment postman-behavior.mp4 is missing)

Hey @dynamicpdf,

We’ve turned the workspace public for you. This was an issue on our end and you should not be facing this again. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for being patient about this! If you need any more details or have any other issue, please mail us at help@postman.com.

1 Like