Workspace best practices - multi-vendor API landscape

Hello everyone,

we are working in an organizational setup with one customer and multiple vendors contributing services to the customer’s landscape of private APIs. As you’d expect, each service in this landscape is allowed to consume any other service be it from the vendor implementing it or a different vendor in the organization.

What’s the best practice to setup Team Workspaces and Permissions for engineers implementing services at the different vendors and stakeholders at the customer?

Cheers,
Matthias

Hey @maschmidt, welcome here! :wave:

While I don’t have an exact answer to your question, we had a collaboration webinar a few days ago that will probably give some insights on how you could organise your teams and workspaces to achieve that.
You can check it out here:

Hi @arlem,

Thanks for your reply and the reference to the webinar. I did indeed attend this webinar on collaboration and raised my question there.

The first recommendation was to create one hidden Team Workspace per vendor contributing services to the landscape. The point is that each service implemented in the landscape might needs to consume APIs with any other service in the landscape. Hence, any it makes sense to have team members of any vendor have access to any Collection of any other vendor.

Is following a hidden workspace pattern a good approach in this case?
Should we go with one public and one hidden workspace per vendor?
Is there even a better way to do this, e.g. not building a workspace per vendor?

Cheers,
Matthias