Windows Defender Firewall asks for an exception after update

Hi,

Every time Postman is updated I need to make another exception (requiring an elevated access prompt) in the Windows Firewall.

Is there any way to stop this from happening (by giving an exception on the application and not the version)?

The strangest thing is that the application seems to continue working normally when I click Cancel rather than Allow access. It’s rather an annoyance than something blocking my usage.

My application version says 10.22.1, though the Defender prompt is for 10.22.0 (which is my ‘Desktop platform version’).
OS Platform: win32 10.0.19045 (managed by Intune)

Thanks for any help.
Maarten

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but c:\users…appdata isn’t really where applications should be running from, which should be c:\program files or c:\windows.

We use Microsoft Applocker and the default polices will block executables from running from that location without an exception.

I appreciate that appdata is one of the only place that users have read\write access to, but it really shouldn’t be running the executables from here.

The data\config maybe, but not the main executable.

I guess the clue is in the name. App Data.

I don’t think this is the same problem as the errors are different when something is blocked by applocker, but worth mentioning just in case anyone at Postman is reading this. Please put your applications executables in program files. Pretty please.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.