Unable to drag a request from one folder to another

How can I drag requests from one folder to another?:

In order to keep my collection organized I need to be able to drag requests from one folder to another. This is something I was able to do in the past. I am not able to do it now. I don’t know what changed.

I found the problem when I tried to drag a request into a new folder. I’m not able to drag it to an existing folder either. Basically, I can’t drag anything.

I’ve tried different screen resolutions, verifying I have the latest update (v8.2.3) and switching color themes - someone suggested this on github.

I’m not using teams.

1 Like

Hi @dmcpeek, Welcome to community :partying_face:

Sorry to hear about your issue.

Even I am using the same Postman version and I am able to drag and drop requests among folders/collections.

Can you share a video if possible? Also try restarting the app please. If not you can place a support request here.

Good morning,

Immediately after I wrote, I was able to start dragging requests around. I appreciate your prompt reply.

Thank you,

~ Doug

2 Likes

Hello,
Not 100%sure, but the problem seems to happen after a new folder has been created. In that case, quit and restart Postman and drag&drop should work fine.

1 Like

Looks like this is a regression.

I still see this issue in Postman. This is happening in Postman desktop application and online in Chrome.

Postman for Windows: Version10.23.1

UI version: 10.23.1-ui-240213-0705
Desktop platform version: 10.23.0
Architecture: x64
OS platform: win32 10.0.22621

However drag and drop works just fine with …

Postman for Windows: Version10.22.13

UI version: 10.22.13-ui-240205-0449
Desktop platform version: 10.22.0
Architecture: x64
OS platform: win32 10.0.22000