My setup is the following:
Remote corporate server with self-signed certificate and REST api which I am trying to access.
System proxy is turned ON in Postman
SSL certificate validation is turned OFF in Postman
Postman’s certificate is added to JAVA keystore:
Proxy settings are added via IntelliJ run configuration to JVM environment:
- When I execute HTTPS requests from Postman UI - everything works.
- When I execute the same requests WITHOUT JVM proxy settings in Intellij (do not route traffic via Postman proxy) - everything works.
- So, things work well when only one application is involved - intellij or postman.
- Everything works fine for HTTP requests - I can see all requests in Postman which my application makes while being run from Intellij.
- When I try to route HTTPS application traffic from Intellij by setting Postman as a proxy - I get timeout exception. I don’t see anything in Postman, including console. It is like these requests have never hit Postman at all (by the way is there a way to check this?)