Postman Lightweight API Client Upgrade

Hello,

I’ve been using Postman Lightweight API Client without login for more than a year.

I’ve been working with my collections and environments since then with no problem at all.

Since last upgrade I just see the history of a few weeks ago but I LOST all collections and environments.

Has Postman Lightweight API Client upgrade removed all these info ? Is this the reason behind this issue? No backup in hard disk wich allow me to recover it?

Thanks for help

Hey @FelipeManSpain :wave:

Welcome to the community! :postman:

The Lightweight API Client was only released this month, you would have previously using the Scratchpad.

You can read more about this change in the announcement blog we posted back in May, this also contains a FAQs section that address most of the commonly asked questions.

You can Export your data from the Lightweight API Client using ⚙️ > Settings > Data > Export menu option. However, in order to Import this data, you will be required to sign in.

Alternatively, if you sign into a free account first, you can use the ⚙️ > Settings > Data > Migrate data menu option and bring your Scratchpad data into a new Workspace.

If further questions, please reach out to us on migrate@postman.com.

Hello @danny-dainton ,

Thanks for quick reply.

So seems that I’ve been using Scratchpad without login in and now what I see is the Lightweight API Client. sorry for the misunderstood buw look & feel is pretty similar and that’s why I’m wrong.

I’ve been checking the doc and I’ve found this:

Can I recover my collection, environments, or any other Postman elements if I move to the lightweight API client from the Scratch Pad without migrating my data or creating a Postman account?

No, you can’t. You must migrate your data to a Postman account in order to recover the data created in the Scratch Pad.

This means that this upgrade made me lost a year of work saving collections and environments locally??

I hope that this is not the case I’m pretty sure that as a part of the plan of the upgrade process you figured out this specific case and you have saved somewhere in the hard disk a backup of my data right? Why not do so?

Thanks

Hey @FelipeManSpain

Did you use this method to Export your data?

You are THE MAN! :sunglasses:

Many thanks!! I’ve just recovered all!

I’ll share this info with my team mates they were also dealing with the same issue.

1 Like

Glad to see you got that sorted. :trophy:

The easier way of getting that data back into Postman, would be to create a free account and use the ⚙️ > Settings > Data > Migrate data option - This will allow you to bring all of the data straight into a Workspace.