HTTP capture with Postman

Hi…

My question is, can Postman be used to capture all HTTP traffic on a specific interface/port? I have a REST server and client both running on the same machine using the 127.0.0.1 interface. I can use Wireshark to sniff the 127.0.0.1 interface and see all the HTTP GETs and the responses from the API. Can Postman do this (without a proxy server)? Just want to sniff the HTTP traffic and see all the GETs/responses in Postman.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi @mdemers and welcome here :slight_smile:

You can do so using the interceptor. First step is to make sure that you have all the required software/extensions installed, you can refer to that post: https://community.postman.com/t/interceptor-integration-for-postman-native-apps/5290

Then you can launch Postman and configure the interceptor as such to capture only the traffic on 127.0.0.1:

Once this is all setup you will be able to see the requests in the History tab of the left-hand side panel in the Postman app:

Let us know if this worked!

Hi i just need some info related to the topic, can postman also capture the responses. As i see that only the requests are captured and not the responses.

Thanks
Wahed

Hi @wahed21,

You can toggle “Save responses” on and off at the top of the History panel. :slight_smile: