CSV import problem - escaping double-quotes and comma in collection runner

Hi guys,

i’ve got a big problem and can’t find a solution in existing threads or via Google/GitHub …

I have to do a few API tests with the Collection runner. I’ve got an Excel CSV file for my variable values. Most of the included data are just strings but there is also one Array with several quotes and multiple comma which Looks like this:

[{“obisCode”:“1-1:1.8.1”,“value”:“3.20”,“qualifier”:“read”},{“obisCode”:“1-1:1.8.2”,“value”:“5.50”,“qualifier”:“read”}]

When i upload the CSV-file into the runnter and have a look at the preview it always makes one string out of the whole dsv data which looks like this:

postman

My CSV looks like this:

path,meterLocationIdentifier,marketPartnerIdentifier,readAt,counterNumber,readingValue

post,DE0009697435400619754770040123456,4041407000008,2020-02-20 12:00:00,123456,[{“obisCode”:“1-1:1.8.1”,“value”:“3.20”,“qualifier”:“read”},{“obisCode”:“1-1:1.8.2”,“value”:“5.50”,“qualifier”:“read”}]

Escaping the double quotes with \ doesn’t work. I also read that Postman don’t support \ as escape anymore. How can i fix this? I need the whole array exactly like i wrote it in the CSV - with all comma and quotes. I know the array is in json Format, but unfortunatly the API doesn’t allow anyhting else.

I’m using the newest Version of postman.
Thanks for your help in advance!

Nobody knows a solution for my problem? :frowning:

You can try converting your csv to json.

The collection runner supports both formats.

Try to save the file in UTF-8 format

None of the provided solutions are working !!

Hey @Shushar509 :wave:

Welcome to the Postman Community! :postman:

What is your specific use case? Can you share the full contextual details, please.

You’re responding to a topic 2 years later without sharing any details about what you’re currently doing - There could be something else that you need to do.

It’s more helpful to overshare the information with people, that are not looking at what you can see in front of you, than just responding with “It doesn’t work”.