My question: I would like to “listen” for when someone sends an OAuth2.0 authorization token to Postman from a third party API. I have registered an app with the third party and can provide any callback URL to this app. I assume I need to set something up in Postman so that when this URL is hit, a collection of requests is automatically triggered that takes the authorization code from the URL and then swaps this for an access token etc.
Details (like screenshots): I am guessing the workflow would be something like this:
- User clicks a static link (e.g., from an email)
- User is taken to third party OAuth2.0 authentication window
- User authenticates and authorization code is sent in callback URL
4. Postman awakens when the callback URL is hit and extracts the authorization code
- Postman saves this code to a variable and triggers a standard OAuth2.0 collection of requests to exchange the authorization token for an access/refresh token etc.
How I found the problem: Step 4 is where I am seeking some advice
I’ve already tried: Creating an API definition for a post request, but I’m not really sure what I’m doing…