Scratch pad option is missing from settings

I am new to Postman. When it starts up I want to use postman in an offline mode (scratch pad) because my company works behind firewalls.

When I click the Settings Icon the Scratch pad option is not displayed.

Im using Postman in windows - version 10.14.2

Any one have this experience?

1 Like

Hi @johnhaines

Scratch Pad is available in Postman v10.15.4 (the latest version).

It is not available in the browser (are you sure you’re running the client?):

Hey there!

If you’ve recently installed Postman, you’ll have access to the new lightweight API Client instead of Scratchpad. If you’ve updated you should keep on seeing the Scratchpad.

We’ve recently announced our plans for sunsetting Scratchpad eventually here: Announcing the New Lightweight Postman API Client | Postman Blog

1 Like

I have the same problem. I want to use postman in offline mode and I need a scratchpad for this, but when I open the settings, there is no such option.
I downloaded the client from this link:

@satellite-explorer-6 If you log out, or your computer goes offline, you’ll automatically be switched to the new lightweight client. This is the expected behaviour going forward, you can learn more about it in the blog post I’ve linked above. :slightly_smiling_face:

But the new lightweight API client cannot use collections. Why was scratchpad depricated and replaced with something without collections? This is really inconvienent for my team and our customers. :expressionless:

@jsteelkw

I would recommend reading the thread.

I’ve read it, but it still doesn’t make sense to me. Not only do I dislike the possibility that my collections or environments might be synced to the Postman cloud, but I also can’t rely on tools that stop working when there’s a network issue—whether on my side or on the server’s. Right now, Postman won’t let you work with collections offline, even if you’ve previously logged in.

It’s as if Wireshark decided one day to require you to log in to open or save PCAP files. Wireshark could assure you that, as long as you don’t do X, Y, or Z, they will never see your packet capture data. “It’s perfectly safe!”

The reasoning would be that it’s easier for development because they want to focus on social features for packet capture.

If that day comes, and I’m sure it will… I’ll stop using Wireshark too. :frowning:

@jsteelkw

Fair enough, I don’t work for Postman, I was just pointing out what they have already said about the reasoning for the change.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.