Regarding GSoC 2021

OK, here’s an update:

You should receive an email response in the next couple of business days. Meanwhile, you can start engaging with the community and pick up 1-2 issues on Postman Inc. · GitHub which interest you and are in line with your project ideas or not. Considering contributing to open source is a great start. Emailing gsoc@postman.com is still a valid way to contact our team about your ideas or with your questions.

We are also onboarding the mentors onto the platform to begin interactions with students.

3 Likes

No, something’s wrong with my Github account(It was flgged “spam” wrongly…). I’m dealing with it.

Hi
I am a final year student at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi, India, pursuing Bachelor of Engineering with a major in Computer Science and Information Technology. I wanted to contribute in Postman in GSOC’21. How can I contact the respective project mentors to discuss the project ideas with them?

Hello, I am Aswin, a Freshman in Computer science and engineering. I wish to be a part of postman for GSOC’21. I wanted to know if there are chatrooms to discuss the project ideas.

1 Like

@aswincg @sambhavsweethome30 Do see the message above by @hannah.neil

Hello everyone reading this!

We now have a specific category for GSoC related conversation - head on over to our shiny new GSoC subcategory (nested under Open Technologies, for future reference). Post there for your queries, ideas, updates, and engaging with mentors.

1 Like

Please find the GSoC 2021 guidelines here – GSoC 2021 Guidelines

Please create a topic here https://community.postman.com/c/gsoc/42 post reading the guidelines

Will do. Thanks :smiley:

All discussions will be held here on Discourse under GSoC sub category of Open Technologies

Please go through this How do I ask a good question? - Help Center - Stack Overflow and then create a topic on the gsoc discourse page. Mentors will respond post going through your query and other community members can assist too

Cheers

1 Like

Hi,

This is a query regarding GSOC 2021.
I am interested in one of the Project Ideas ( Newman Request ) and want to contribute to it. How can I contact the mentors or Postman Team with regards to the Proposal, etc.

Hi @yashi12 please check this – newman/CONTRIBUTING.md at develop · postmanlabs/newman · GitHub and if any other queries please create a new topic or add to an existing one

Cheers

Ok, Iwill go through it. Thankyou !

@Sharath_Iyengar Can we submit more than one proposal for different project ideas to Postman?

@thefierycoder please check this Writing a proposal | Google Summer of Code Guides

1 Like

@Sharath_Iyengar Thanks :pray:
Can you provide more details about Idea 6: Open API Postman Public Workspace?
I have gone through the idealist GSOC 2021 but there is very little information regarding idea 6.

Will do shortly. Requesting your patience

Cheers

1 Like

Hi,

I am also planning to apply for gsoc 2021. I am going to try for the Parallel Iterations in Newman task. In the meantime, I wanted to know the best way of understanding and figuring out the source code? is the any mentor or person I can approach for this?

Thanks and Regards,
Angad

Please create a new topic for any further enquiries and in the meantime you can get started here

Cheers