Regarding GSoC 2021

Hey folks!
This is a general query regarding GSoC 2021.
I just wanted to ask if Postman is looking forward to GSoC 2021 and if yes, what is the status?
Regards!

1 Like

Hi @aviation-candidate-2 ! Welcome to the community :rocket:

Great question. If Postman does end up participating, we’ll be sure to let you know :slight_smile:

Best,
Hannah

Hi,

This is a query regarding GSOC 2021.
I am interested in one of the project ideas of Postman. How can I contact the mentors or the postman team with regards to proposal, etc.

Best Regards.

Great news @aviation-candidate-2 – we are participating!

@mission-engineer-195, proposals open on March 29. You can find additional information such as an ideas list, guidelines for proposal content, and contact info on our GSoC page. I’m glad you’re interested in taking part.

In the mean time, you’re welcome to Great to see your enthusiasm and we would love to support you in contributing to Open Source and Postman. In the meantime, head over to GitHub to engage with the community and start tinkering. Also, I recommend checking out our Postman Student Program as well.

1 Like

Hey,

I’m interested in contributing to postman as a GSOC student. As Student proposals start from March 29, in the mean time i will try doing some bug fixes. Just wanted to introduce myself here.

Best Regards.

1 Like

That’s wonderful, thanks @aayushmau5 ! Welcome to the Postman Community.

1 Like

Hello ,

Can you please help me out on how to engage with the community and start contriibuting . I am getting a little confused on how to get started and whom to contact for discussing the issues in the community.

Thank You.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. Just wanted to ask, Should I make a thread for the idea I’m interested in as I have been going through the newman codebase and got some questions on how to implement the idea?

1 Like

Hi @hannah.neil , I’m looking forward to join the community and pariticipate in gsoc this year and I explored newman repo’s contributing page. But something’s going wrong when I run “npm tun test” as the contributing instruction said. I post this problem in this issue. Could someone tell me why? I have not edited anything in the repo yet.

1 Like

Looks like you deleted the issue ?

OK, here’s an update:

You should receive an email response in the next couple of business days. Meanwhile, you can start engaging with the community and pick up 1-2 issues on Postman Inc. · GitHub which interest you and are in line with your project ideas or not. Considering contributing to open source is a great start. Emailing gsoc@postman.com is still a valid way to contact our team about your ideas or with your questions.

We are also onboarding the mentors onto the platform to begin interactions with students.

3 Likes

No, something’s wrong with my Github account(It was flgged “spam” wrongly…). I’m dealing with it.

Hi
I am a final year student at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi, India, pursuing Bachelor of Engineering with a major in Computer Science and Information Technology. I wanted to contribute in Postman in GSOC’21. How can I contact the respective project mentors to discuss the project ideas with them?

Hello, I am Aswin, a Freshman in Computer science and engineering. I wish to be a part of postman for GSOC’21. I wanted to know if there are chatrooms to discuss the project ideas.

1 Like

@aswincg @sambhavsweethome30 Do see the message above by @hannah.neil

Hello everyone reading this!

We now have a specific category for GSoC related conversation - head on over to our shiny new GSoC subcategory (nested under Open Technologies, for future reference). Post there for your queries, ideas, updates, and engaging with mentors.

1 Like

Please find the GSoC 2021 guidelines here – GSoC 2021 Guidelines

Please create a topic here https://community.postman.com/c/gsoc/42 post reading the guidelines

Will do. Thanks :smiley:

All discussions will be held here on Discourse under GSoC sub category of Open Technologies