Postman Pro - Total Number of APIs

I was going through the resource usage page on the website, and I see for APIs it says the following:

APIs

Total number of APIs in both team and personal workspaces View detailed API usage

Why does the usage include personal workspaces? I would have thought they would just count on the team workspaces.

Thanks

@allenheltondev We are building APIs as being collaborative constructs. Our vision is that APIs would help all the people involved with developing APIs manage their workflows from from a common place.
Therefore while we expect people to create and try out APIs in personal workspaces, we don’t see many use cases in which APIs aren’t shared with the team.

I’d love to understand how you’re using APIs currently and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve your experience.

I believe we are using them as intended. Our workflow is as follows:

1. Update Open API spec in source control
  2. Push changes
  3. Build pipeline deploys resources
  4. Pipeline pushes the updated spec to Postman using the pro API
  5. Manually update the collection by either deleting and re-adding, or making manual changes
  6. Publish new version

My real question is why do they count on personal environments in addition to the team environments? If my team has 10 public APIs on the team workspace, nobody is going to be able to have an API on their personal workspace to mess around/experiment with.

Seems like you are using them as intended! We just released a feature where you can validate the generated collection against the spec (only available for OAS3 for now). We’d love to hear your thoughts if the feature helps you keep your collections in sync with the changing spec or not. We’re also releasing an integration next month which’ll help you keep the spec in sync with source control without having to call the API.

Regarding your question, the limits were based on how many APIs we envisioned teams of different sizes developing. I agree that in some teams, it might not leave room to experiment with the feature. We have plans in our near term roadmap that’ll make it easier for people to understand how to use APIs. We’re going to keep an eye out for similar feedback while we consider if we need to change the existing behaviour or provide some other workaround. We’ll keep you updated!

1 Like

Yes, that validation feature does help tremendously. We discovered that on accident just last week and were very happy to see it.

We will keep an eye out for the integration with source control, that would be ideal for us.

Thanks for getting back to me!

1 Like

Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions on how we could improve the experience of using API feature. It is relatively new and we’d appreciate inputs from users to guide the direction.

Thanks!