Postman native application extremely slow or unresponsive

but regardless of the reasons it seems like you acknowledge there are problems if history is to large etc
so why don’t fix those? or have options to disable them

this is not normal for an app, please review your code

1 Like

It’s software at scale, there are always problems in different areas :grin:, these are continually being worked on and improved by the team. :trophy:

I think postman is using the software to mine crypto-currency.

2 Likes

It is impossible to keep using it. I am thinking of migrating to Insomnia. Any other suggestions?

I have the same performance issues. Opening a request from my collections is a true pain. Canary responds a bit faster, but not significantly.

On Insomnia: that is fast, but does not provide Postman’s runner application, which is a must for me.

I tried to add my performance log, but .json is not permitted. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Picture of a recent profile

If you don’t log in sign in, it is still very slow. After logging/signing in to postman account with your email id or Gmail’s email id it is working like hot knife through butter.

Postman - Very slow or Not responding!:

*Have tired below options but still the issue persist –

1. Deleting or Clearing all the ‘Histroy’
  2. Latest ver have installed in my machine which is 10.7.3 Or do i need to downgrared to lower ver…?
  3. No VPN connected
  4. My Laptop is update to date *:

Kindly team, pls help me why my postman is dead slow, its impacting my working.

Setting OS environment variable POSTMAN_DISABLE_GPU = true helped me.

did postman got thinking about what people actually need ?

it just a basic post and get test from api url, that all.
why not come out a ‘postman lite’ version?

• suffer using postman for 2 years, from win10 to win 11, start up take more than 5min…every times… need to forced end task and reopen again…

I struggled a lot with super slow postman (on Mac OS), and I found that tabs were the reason. Either too many tabs were open, or some of them were slow. I could not close them all normally.
I found this article

I closed postman, and in this dir:
~/Library/Application Support/Postman/
I removed file ‘window’
Then started postman - and wow…it works fast.
History and collections remained.

1 Like

I have the same problem

This worked for me. I did not realize I had like 20+ tabs open. Closed them all and now Postman runs smoothly.

But hey, I see no reason for it to be slow when I have a lot of tabs open.
Take a look at Notepad++, I have 100+ tabs open there and it runs as fast as if I have 1 tab open.

When the tab is not active, it is not supposed to make much CPU or memory load.
So, why those tabs make the whole app slow?
Does it try to run any background activity on each open tab? If yes, I would like to know how to disable it.

This may be postman save too many data, and do not have a good approach to handle this data when it become bigger.
The temporary solution is:

1. uninstall postman
  2. remove its stored data on local machines.
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Postman
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Postman
  3. Install postman back.
    It will work.