POST Request to Private Rest Api Gateway

Your question may already have an answer on the community forum. Please search for related topics, and then read through the guidelines before creating a new topic.

My question: I have created a private REST API Gateway in AWS and am trying to do a post request in Postman using the API Endpoint AWS gave me and I keep getting Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND
I have created a VPC endpoint for this private rest api and have a IAM role attached to this rest api(I don’t have a IAM user attached to this role because I don’t know how to do that). What specific authorization do I need in postman? I have tried AWS Signature but that didn’t work.

Hey @avionics-operator-36, Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND Is not an authorization issue, rather it means that the client was unable to find the given address. The reason for this could be that your VPC endpoint isn’t configured properly. Please refer to the following section from the AWS Amazon API Gateway developer guide to reconfigure your VPC endpoint.

I’m having some issue in understanding the problem with my VPC endpoint, the security group inbound and outbound allows all traffic and yet I’m still getting connection timed out when I test my VPC security group with
telnet {public-dns-hostname}.execute-api.{region}.vpce.amazonaws.com 443

That’s because you cannot access private api from outside vpc.
If you are still able to access pl let me know the hack.