Nookal's API documentation

Good morning.

I have a client who’s using Nookal (a clinic management platform) and I’m trying to use the API to extract basic client info (name, emails etc…).

My goal is to be able to use the API to make a request with Zapier or Make.com to then link it with another platform.

Here’s the link to the documentation: Developers

My problem is that I don’t know how to make the initial connection request to the platform.

If someone could guide me to get started I’d very much appreciate your help.

Thanks.
John

Hey @pupstermagic :wave:

Welcome to the Postman community! :postman:

What have you tried so far? What’s not currently working for you?

I don’t know that API so I can’t tell you want to do but I suppect just getting a single GET working first would be you best bet, then work from there.

Most API require some form of token or key to authenticate the request, reading that part would help then take one of the basic routes and try calling that.

Hi Danny,

thanks for your response.

I have tried using Postman and making a request. The only problem is that, as opposed to other API and their documentations, this provides very little info. Just an SDK with PHP codes I’m unable to understand.

If someone who take a quick glimpse at the set up part of the doc and tell me what should I put in the header as a KEY in order to make the API call, that’d help me.
I have the API key from my client but don’t know how to send it to the platform.

When I try to connect, I get the error in the screenshot attached. Even though I put the key, I think it’s not either in the right format or in the wrong place (I put it in the header).

Thanks.

Without looking, not on a machine at the moment - I think that you’d need to either add a request header with the name api_key and the value of your key or add that as a query param ?api_key=your_key

Hey @pupstermagic :wave:

Did you have any success with this?

From what I can see, you’re going to need to generate a new api key from Generating API Keys - Nookal

That seems like it needs to be used in a query parameter, your basic request would like this:

https://api.nookal.com/production/v2/getPatients?api_key=my_key

Hi Danny,

Apologies for the late response, was taken by another project.

I did exactly what you suggested and managed to get past the error message from my previous message. However now, I think I need to pass some info as it doesn’t return any confirmation of successful login.

After 30 seconds, I get a 504 time out notification.

I’ve gotten in touch with the support of the platform as it really is beyond my understanding of API’s.
Thanks for your help.

504 time out is either a server error, or a networking issue between your desktop and the API.

Are you running this from the Postman web app, or the desktop client?

Does the API require whitelisting to allow you to connect (in which case you will need to use the desktop) and ensure your IP (or company external IP) is whitelisted.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.