Newman unreadable CLI report

Helo :slight_smile:
Recently my Windows machine have corrupted “sys32” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and since morning I have fresh install of local development env.
I have installed newman 5.2 and console output is unreadable :

I have any clue after searching of my backup settings. I don’t know what may be missing … fonts or whatever may be wrong.
Do you have any suggestion how to fix this ??

1 Like

So Newman is using deprecated library

What now ?

Hi @michal.robaszewski.j, did you figure this out?
I have the same problem, but being the first time I use postman, I never see it working.

I’m using newman 5.2.2

Unfortunately I have no solution for this. I switched to windows terminal that have readable output since then. This was harsh as I had lots of .sh scripts

Just out of interest, as you haven’t really mentioned it, why would that deprecated package cause that to happen in that terminal?

It mainly uses cli-table to render that output, as well as a few other things. I can’t see why har-validator would impact that, unless a particular version is needed for that terminal.

Are there any default encoding settings in that terminal that have been reset after your new install?

Per @danny-dainton’s suggestion, I think we’re looking at a text encoding mismatch. Perhaps your terminal is set to use UTF-16, whereas Newman is using UTF-8. Depending on which terminal you’re using, you may have to update your settings.

1 Like