How to create my own API without revealing who the API creator is?

Hi, How to copy an API source code and make it as my own source code by not revealing who the API creator is or how to then import in a way that I will not see the originating author of the API? Why did the author of the API told me that I can’t hide the author of the API from their endpoints?
Thank you.

Hi @whypost - welcome to the Postman community!

Could you clarify your question? I’m unsure as to what you are attempting to accomplish. Please read these best practices so that others know how to help you.

Best,
Hannah

1 Like

Hi Hannah,

I want to use an API created by, for example ABC and with postman.com to call a different endpoint to ABC, use HTTP POST requests to ABC’s APIs, and to integrate ABC’s technology with my shared hosting.

I ask ABC about if the ABC word will be shown on the source code such as from ABC tools & platform if I publish my ABC apps to the internet?

They replied that if I publish my code, then end users will see that ABC is being used because of the endpoints being called. Is ABC right about that?

If yes, how to hide the ABC word on the source code that I copied from being shown to the end users when I want to create a new API based on this copied source code?

Thanks.

Hey @whypost

Is this a Postman specific issue or problem?

It’s hard to understand what it is you’re doing / trying to do here. Are you creating an new API, with a set of endpoints, in code and adding that code into a public repository?

If not, can you provide some visual examples of what you’re trying to do in Postman and what’s not work for you right now.

Hey Danny,

Yes, it is. Yes I want to create a new API with a set of endpoints, in code and adding that code into a public repository. How to hide or delete the ABC word on the source code that I copied from being shown to the end users when I want to create a new API based on this copied source code? If I delete the ABC word, will the program run with errors?
Thanks!

I have no idea what this means in the context that you’re referring too:

How to hide or delete the ABC word on the source code that I copied from being shown to the end users when I want to create a new API based on this copied source code? If I delete the ABC word, will the program run with errors?

You need to explain this more and use real examples. There’s so many things that’s just not clear.

• What is the ABC word?
  • Who’s source code is it?
  • Where have you copied this from?
  • Why are you copying the code?
  • Who are the end users?
  • Why would they see the ABC word?
  • etc

This doesn’t feel like the best place to ask these types of general software development questions, this is more for people who have a Postman specific question/issue or they need some help working through a problem in the app.

You need to sign up for cloudflare pro / enterprise, Configure Origin with SSL.
Here’s some documentation you should probably read:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170166-General-website-security-guidelines
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003687931-Warning-about-exposing-your-origin-IP-address-via-DNS-records