Api Documentation self host

I am using postman pro for api documentation. I would like to self host or locally spit out the documentation to put on my server. Is this possible? If so how is this done? Thank you.

1 Like

You can host the documentation on your custom domain, but there’s not currently a way to self host.

To spit it out locally, you can export the underlying collection as JSON, but it would be a manual process to convert that to your documentation HTML. As an alternative, some folks will embed the collection as a Run in Postman button on their internal developer portals or wikis, but it sounds like you’re looking for the fully rendered documentation.

Thank you for you response, unfortunately either of those solutions will not work for me. But, is there a plan to have postman spit out documentation as a fully rendered document in the works?

I don’t believe so. But you’re welcome to submit a feature request or upvote an existing one.

I don’t understand why one of the most useful feature is still not implemented. There isn’t a way to publish the documentation for external developers in our own domain password protected.

Hello there,

I am trying to export the Postman collection using an API key:

curl https://api.getpostman.com/collections/<collection-uid> -H 'X-Api-Key: <api-key>'

Unfortunately the downloaded JSON file seems to be in the deprecated format of v1 instead of the latest v2.1 one. Is there a way to export the collection in the latest version?

I just figured out the problem. Postman API exports the collection as follows:

{
“collection”:{

“info”:{…

Whereas the manual export of the collection using Postman App does NOT wrap it in a collection JSON object.

I would expect that Postman API’s response would be identical to the one triggered manually. Is there any way I receive the unwrapped payload using Postman API?

This should generate web friendly documentation out of postman collection