How does one get the Cimon badge?

Hi,
Does anyone know how I would go after the CIMON badge?
It sounds interesting but I can’t find any details about it anywhere… And I asked one of the 2 guys that has the badge and they didn’t even know they had it, so wasn’t able to tell me anything.

Hey @w4dd325 :wave:

Digging through our archives it looks like it’s a badge we were giving to active contributors on a monthly basis but eeerm, we only did it for the first month. :sweat_smile:

My guess is that we now have other badges to recognize contributors so we might just sunset it but I’ll leave the final call to @kevinc-postman.

3 Likes

No worries, thanks for replying.
I wasn’t sure if it was actually some sort of “artificial intelligence (AI)-powered robot” with Postman or not.
I saw something on GitHub where a guy had made a spaceman that could be controlled with Postman calls. Thought it could be something like that.

Hey @w4dd325 !

So I’m still a bit new and feeling my way around my capabilities here. I think you are a great candidate for the Cimon badge. Between both contributing new content and also assisting other community members with their questions and issues that they have, you have definitely stood out. :smile:

I think you are well on your way to becoming a future Postman Supernova :wink:

2 Likes

giphy

Thank you, I really appreciate that!

Funnily enough, I was messaging Joyce about ways to learn more etc. and she convinced me to progress one of my ideas for a “Lost in Space” style challenge that I’m currently putting together… Once I actually have something to show I’d be happy to share, especially for some early feedback etc.

As for the supernova … yes, one day maybe, definitely of interest!!
I think I’m a fair way off currently but I really do like working with Postman, so who knows what the future hold?

Thanks again!! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That is super exciting! I love seeing different ways to gamify and make APIs even more fun to learn.
I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to drop you a message once I had a proof of concept.
Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like