Hiding "Working locally in Scratch Pad" warning

Hello colleagues,

After a recent update of Postman, I am getting “working locally in scratch pad” warning that takes screen space and draws too much attention. In my organisation we do not rely on workspaces so this warning is not relevant.
Is there any way to hide it from UI?

Hi @juriy84! Welcome to the community :wave:

Thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback :pray:

Currently, there is no feature that allows to hide the below message from UI.

We track our issues publicly on GitHub and would love for you to file this request there so other customers can also weigh in. Our product managers use that feedback to prioritize and add items to our development roadmap.

Please however note that all the data in Scratch pad is saved locally on your machine and not synced to your account.
To help preventing any accidental data loss, we encourage to utilize workspace and get it synced up with your account :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again for your feedback! Let me know if you have any other questions :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you very much for a suggestion, will definitely do that!

Thanks for the warning regarding local data storage too, we rely on Git to store the changes in the collections, although it requires a little bit of discipline while using it, it is still better than losing data of course.

For some organisation using networking features of Postman is not an option unfortunately, due to restrictions of accessing external services (i.e. some banks and insurance companies that I had a chance to work with had very restrictive policies in this area).

1 Like

With version 8.0.3, signed out users will be able to dismiss the warning.

Thank you for the option to dismiss the warning!

I see that currently the warning still pops up every time I start the app. Is there a way to dismiss it permanently?