Data loss every time user logs out and re-login to postman

Hello All, not sure if anyone else have faced this issue.
Every time my session expires at postman UI and I authenticate back in I loose most of my environment and API collections.
It’s becoming problem day by day since it takes time to rebuild the whole setup again and again.

Hi @demo-abhsk !

So sorry to hear you are having this issue. Let’s see if we can get this figured out.

1. Sync Issues: Postman uses synchronization to ensure that your data (collections, environments, etc.) are consistent across all instances where you use Postman, be it the desktop app, the web, or elsewhere. If sync fails for some reason, it might appear as if you’ve lost data.
    • Always check the sync status icon at the top right of your Postman window. If it shows any error or that it’s trying to sync, wait until the sync process completes.
    • Also, try logging in to the Postman web dashboard to see if your collections and environments are available there. This will help you determine if the issue is local to your installation or if it’s a broader synchronization issue.
  2. Local Storage Corruption: Sometimes, local storage where Postman saves its data can get corrupted. If this happens, data might not get loaded correctly.
  3. Manual Data Overrides: If you’re manually importing/exporting data often, there’s a risk of unintentionally overwriting existing data.

Steps to potentially resolve the issue:

1. Backup: Before doing anything, try to manually backup any existing collections or environments you currently see, just to be safe.
  2. Log Out and Log In: Log out of Postman and log back in. Sometimes, simply re-authenticating can resolve sync issues.
  3. Reinstall Postman: As a last resort, you might want to reinstall Postman. Before doing so, make sure to backup any critical data. When you reinstall and log in, Postman should pull all your collections and environments from the cloud.
  4. Contact Support: If none of the above solutions work, contact Postman support directly. They might be able to assist further.

Lastly, it’s always a good practice to regularly backup your Postman data by exporting your collections and environments, especially if they’re critical to your work. This way, you have a manual backup to rely on in case of unexpected issues.

If these steps don’t resolve your problem, it would be helpful if you could provide more details or specific error messages, if any. This can give more context and potentially lead to more targeted solutions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.