Can someone merge prs for newman-reporter-html critical lib updates

Hi,
Running npm audit for newman-reporter-html shows critical libs (handlebars, lodash) that need to be updated,
The repo has the prs waiting to be merged. I hope someone from that team can merge,
otherwise is newman-reporter-htmlextra a drop in replacement for the previous?

P

Hey there @technical-pilot-3054! Welcome to the Postman community! :trophy:

I’m looking into getting some of those “easy” PRs merged into the newman-reporter-html library. I’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:

To answer your other question, I don’t know if I’d call newman-reporter-htmlextra a “drop in replacement” per se, but more of just another possible tool to use. It is fair to say that the creator (the great @danny-dainton!) is pretty active in updating the project and merging PRs from the community, as well as taking inspiration from open PRs/issues in the original newman-reporter-html project. He cites another package (newman-reporter-htmlfull) as inspiration for his project as well.

Depending on what you’re looking to do or how you’re looking to incorporate Newman into your workflow, there are quite a few packages available on npm! Hopefully you find what you’re looking for.

Thank you, looking forward to the updated libs, so I can continue to use it.

Obviously, I’m very bias here but is there a reason that you wanted to use that over htmlextra?

1 Like

Hi,
We have no particular bias to either. Html was the one originally used, however as mentioned there are some security issues of recent.

1 Like