Bootcamp Continue learning Resume does nothing

Hi, newbe question here.

Bootcamp problem.
Continue learning - “Resume” link does nothing.
Restarted Postman - same thing.

1. I did the first tutorial in Postman app.
  2. Made the Mock private
  3. In the modal dialog created an api-key, opened api-key webpage
  4. Created an api-key on the web page
  5. Returned to Postman app
  6. Postman had closed to tutorial, I was back on the Collections page
  7. Selected Bootcamp in the bottom nav bar
  8. Resume link does nothing, neither does selecting “Designing and mocking APIs” and click “Resume” on detail page. On detail page the tutorial Design an API is marked with “In Progress” top right.

What to do?

Hi @hans.fast! Thanks for flagging this issue!
We reported it here as well: https://github.com/postmanlabs/postman-app-support/issues/8221

Our Engineering team found the bug and fixed it. It will be available in production in 2 weeks from now.

This has regressed and is occurring again as of Postman Release v7.34.0.

Please resolve.

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me.

I tried to go through the bootcamp today and found that it stopped registering progress with “Document an API”. I’ve done that and the following lessons but bootcamp won’t mark them complete. I also found that the “resume” links sometimes didn’t work. I started out on version 7.something and figured I would download Postman 8 to see if it worked better. Instead, it forgot that I had completed anything, even though all my lesson collections still show up in my workspace.

I am kind of new with Postman and today I decided to continue the Bootcamp, however the first two lessons are still listed as “in-progress” although I have completed both. 0% complete of the module as well. Unfortunately this is bringing confusion and affecting my learning experience, I hope it gets fixed soon. I am running Postman App version 8.4.0 in MacOS 11.3.1. Thank you.

1 Like

Similar problem here. I have Postman 8.8.0 on MacOS 11.4. Resuming only works in terms of “lesson restarts from the beginning”. Bootcamp now seems to account for completed lessons, but I just can’t finish “Collection variables”. It’s futile. Does never take me through the steps after the “Current value” hint. Happy to provide screenshots and/or open an Issue on Github if that’s the suggested action.
Thanks!

Hi @jansche and @etoromol,
Welcome to the community :wave:
I see there’s a similar issue reported here on GitHub - Bootcamp Lesson options Resume & Learn no longer function · Issue #9186 · postmanlabs/postman-app-support · GitHub, it would be really useful if you could share this feedback by linking to this topic on the same thread. It would increase visibility for the engineering team looking into it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Meena, thanks for finding and linking this open issue on GitHub. I’ve made a comment there. Will keep an eye on it in case they need more info.

1 Like

As of 5/24/2022, this still has not been resolved. I cannot get past the same point that gave @jansche trouble.

Sep 15, 2022… Still not working

Yes, I’m on this page because I’ve tried the lesson and cannot resume once I have created a server. If I try to resume the lesson, it just asks me to create a server once again.