API Test Automation training

Hi Postman team,
I completed Assignment#5 of the second part “Valentino Artisan Coffee House API” training and all its tests have been passed successfully, but for some unknown reason I can’t get a badge.

This is the text of e-mail about this issue:
"Hey there!
We weren’t able to automatically check your submission for the Postman badge. Please make sure your collection or workspace is publicly accessible and that you’ve used the correct URL for collections or ID for workspaces, then submit again.
If you’re still facing issues please give it a few days and someone will look into it. "

Could you please specify what kind of URL or ID exactly I should use for this badge applying, so as there are plenty collections in this training (each assignment is the different one), plus ID of the workspace (of course it’s public). It is a bit confusing so as the e-mail and instruction mention about both collections and a workspace…
Whether or no - I tried to use all of them one by one, but to no a success.

Thanks in advance,
iggyf
cc @vdespa

Hi there!
Will anybody do react to this topic?!

Still wondering is it possible to get this badge if it looks like that by this link Digital Credential Network Powered by Canvas Credentials

Does it exist actually?

Generally what is a sense of all these trainings if there is no support nor reaction?

Regards to all,
cc @vdespa
@michaelderekjones
@danny-dainton

Although I respond to a lot of topics\questions, I don’t work for Postman, so I can’t answer your question.

Hi @iggyf !

My apologies for the delay. Took some hunting down to figure out who owns this course :sweat_smile:

Currently they are out of office but will be able to take a look at what may be going on here once they are back. I’ll let you know, but for now, hang tight! :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Kevin,
and thanks for your response!

The owner of this course is @vdespa and he’s in the copy of these chattering…
And this course is really cool and pretty helpful, but somebody else might take care about support and such side parts like Digital Credential Network Powered by Canvas Credentials

Best regards,
Iggy

Yep! While they are the course owner, Valentin is not responsible for badging or anything else like that.

These things are handled on Postman’s side and we’ll process things as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi @iggyf.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I was out sick.

This badge appears to have been awarded to you on the 5th of October, 2023. Could you please check your email inbox(and spam) for that specific date? Alternatively, you can log in to Canvas Badges(previously known as Badgr) and navigate to this URL to view your awarded badges. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi @gbadebo-bello
and thx for your response!

I wrote recently about the situation with this badge and the course, associated with it…

So, one more time.
Let’s see how this badge looks like (comparing to other normal badges):

Further more, when click, there is a link to another course:
https://www.postman.com/valentins-team/workspace/test-automation-valentino-s-artisan-coffee-house-api/overview

That additional course is cool and pretty useful, but it is no chance to complete it with its final step “Claim your Badge” :

What do you think about it?
Thx in advance,

Iggyf

Hey @iggyf

I’m not sure what the actual issue is here? Is it that the badge for this particular course doesn’t look the same as the other ones?

Hi @danny-dainton,
the issue is that the final verifying step of the training isn’t possible.
I mean this training:
Postman

That notorious badge, besides it looks strange, flew in before another training Galaxy Testing and Automation, which is here:
https://www.postman.com/postman/workspace/postman-galaxy-training/overview

Anyway, all this doesn’t matter anymore - I dropped this affair because of an elementary lack of organization…

Good luck

Are you referring to assignment #5 or the one for claiming the badge?

I don’t know what this means :thinking: - You can take the badges in any order so I’m not sure what your expectation is here?

I’ve seen all your questions over the weeks being picked up and answered throughout all the badges that you have found, taken and been awarded.

I think it’s unfair to the people who created these free training courses and the ones who have assisted during your training, to say there has been a lack of organization.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.