Any training program cannot be visualised when Postman theme is in Dark Mode

Hello All,
I am Dark Mode user and I was trying to use the same theme to complete all my training (from APIs 101 to Student Expert), however the response body when viewed through visualise, it is not supported/user friendly when theme dark mode is selected.

I am looking for enjoyable user experience while I am training, so I am not sure where to ask about this… can someone help me on how and where can I report this? Any Jira or GH Issue link?

1 Like

@prnam Yes I get that :upside_down_face:

We have a issue in place in GH to track this :blush:

3 Likes

That’s great. Hoping it will be assigned to someone soon and we will get the new update.

Thanks for the link, :bookmark:'d the postman-github link for future need! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey @prnam,
It’s a quick fix for the training collections, I’ll look into it :slight_smile: thanks for sharing. And @bpricilla always loads and loads of thanks to you :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Thx, @meenakshi.dhanani for taking a look into this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @bpricilla @prnam updated all training collections to show up in dark theme too. Small css change to make the background white irrespective for the visualizer. Thanks for reporting this you both!

You might have to pull changes to see the effect.

3 Likes

Yes, it is now white. I really appreciate your work on this, @meenakshi.dhanani . :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hey @meenakshi.dhanani ,
Have you tried changing the text color? I don’t know if it is just my personal taste or I tested this at night, I feel the text-color needs to be different when in dark mode than force css style to use background colour to always stay white, its too bright to my eyes and that’s main reason I switch to dark mode. For short term this is good fix, but I think this would need some UX research and accessibility check and decide what is best.

Hey @prnam ,
Thanks for the suggestion. The best part about a public workspace collection is the fact that you can fork it and contribute to it. If this is a space you find interesting and have some feedback, feel free to jump in and raise a PR for any one of them, and we can work on it getting approved :smiley:

I’m no designer, and I’d appreciate the help too, and I know so will the maintainers :slight_smile: It’s all open source :white_check_mark:

P.S : This was a quick fix. Then again changing the text color assumes we may have only 2 themes. While I don’t know of an upcoming theme, I would want to be safe and ensure nothing existing breaks, so just went ahead with the safest quick fix.

2 Likes

Open source, @meenakshi.dhanani ! I assumed it was only for postman team working on creating edu content to fix it. :persevere:

Anyway, Where can I find the instructions on contribution to this? :slightly_smiling_face: New here, but willing to help.

Hey @prnam,
Lovely. We love contributors :clap:
This is how you can do version control in Postman - https://learning.postman.com/docs/collaborating-in-postman/version-control-for-collections/
So for any of the training collections, you’ll have to fork, make changes and raise a pull request to contribute :slight_smile:
Happy to help you through the process. Cheers!

2 Likes

Thx much, @meenakshi.dhanani :relaxed:. I’m surprised to know that you have VCS within Postman :sweat_smile:… excited to learn more… explore more about Postman and I feel it’s worth the shift from other tools. :speak_no_evil:

Sure, Will connect with you one-one if I am stuck and need help. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, @prnam, version control is pretty cool. Play around, contribute and we’re happy to learn more from your feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes