Unable to use WSDL

Looks like the WSDL import is not working properly and generated SOAP request body has the following error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap:Body>
    <error>The element or type could not be found </error>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I googled this issue and it seems like the problem is with multiple xsd:schema entries. The GitHub ticket says that issue is fixed, but I’m still getting that error.

Can anyone, please, help me figure out how to import my wsdl successfully?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Same issue. I am able to load the WSDL into the latest version of SoapUI. I can use that application instead but I’m more familiar with Postman so I’d like to be able to use it if possible but since you haven’t received any help since June 29th, I’m concerned that won’t be possible.

Same problem here. SOAPUI has no problems with multiple imports for a long time now. So what is the issue Postman support?
We would really like to have this!

Hey @Harm10 / @G-Laser / @yarad

If you’re experiencing a functional issue with the platform, I would strongly suggest raising this over on our Github Issue Tracker:

It’s the best way to get all issues in-front of the engineering teams.

There are also links to this form and the feature request form at the top of every page.

As you can see from this thread, things get lost quickly in amongst all the other topics that are raised on the community forum. :pray:

@danny-dainton Does this mean that after all those years after wsdl support was added no one has created an issue for this on github? Really?

Hey @Harm10,

I’m not going to lie and say that I know the specific details of every single issue (which cover the full Postman platform) that we have in our issue tracker - I’d love to be that good but I’m not quite there yet.

I was making folks aware that this Community Forum isn’t the best place to raise either functional issues with the platform or feature request. We have a separate place for those.

The issues on the tracker are triaged and then picked up by the relevant teams that would be doing the work. That doesn’t happen here.

The current open issues (bugs and feature requests) on the tracker for WSDL can be found here:

If your issue is not on there, I would strongly suggest creating a new one with all the relevant contextual details, including any screenshots and other information that will assist the team with triaging the problem.

@danny-dainton OK, will have a look on issue tracker.

@danny-dainton I have created an issue: WSDL import does not import XSDs · Issue #12772 · postmanlabs/postman-app-support (github.com)

1 Like

@danny-dainton There is not any respons on my issue yet. I do not expect a solution right away but some reaction that my issue is noted. What is the usual way of processing issues?

Hey @Harm10 ,

Your issue will be triaged once the team has enough bandwidth to pick up more items. There isn’t a timeline on this process.

Unfortunately, there are many other items being worked on and other priority tasks that need to be completed before any new work can be picked up.