This request is using an authorization helper from collection Assembly Test Validation

I am a newbie to Postman. I have an api call working in postman that I’m trying to replicate in my .NET application. When I setup postman I imported a json file that contained a bunch of requests built by the api developer. When I click on the authorization tab for the request in question it says: This request is using an authorization helper from collection Assembly Test Validation but I can’t see any authorization configuration setup on the collection or folder level? What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Hi, @cdisonmn,

It’s possible to have a Postman Request with the Authorization Type set to “Inherit auth from parent” while the parent itself has an Authorization Type of “No Auth”. That could be creating the scenario you’re seeing.

That said, if the API does actually require authorization, I’d check to see if it’s being manually added via the Headers tab on the Request (Note: You can view hidden headers now if that’s required.). Another place to look is in Pre-Request scripts on the Request, Folder, or Collection level.

Cheers,

Kevin