Redfish BIOS logs not in HTML format

Hello, please excuse me if this is a simple fix but I cannot get my head around why I cannot get a simple output in the correct format.
I’ve pulled BIOS settings from a server through a HTTP Get via the command https://IPADDRESS/redfish/v1/systems/1/bios/settings.

This does provide an output for me to copy or save to a .txt file but the output is vert messy and just lists all of the settings next to each other.

I’m looking to get the output to display this in HTML format where it looks more like a script and lists all of the settings individually.

Is there a setting that I’m missing somewhere?

I’d appreciate any guidance with this :slight_smile: thanks

Hey @thomasnichollsshi :wave:

Welcome to the Postman Community! :postman:

I’m not sure what the response looks like in front of you - Are you able to provide a visual example of this (masking any sensitive details)?

Sure thing. I’ve attached a copy screen shot of the output I’m getting and the type of output I’m looking to get.

postman html screenshot
(disregard the difference in the drop down menu stating JSON one picture and HTML in the other. I’ve been attempting to get the output by changing this but it didn’t work, the output is the same no matter which option I select there)

Your response in the screenshot is not HTML.

It appears to be fairly standard JSON but minified.

Copy it to any one of the JSON formatting websites, and it will beautify it for you.

JSON Online Validator and Formatter - JSON Lint

You can also use JSON.stringify to write it to the console logs.

// const response = pm.response.json();
const response = {"name":"Steve","surname":"Jobs","company":"Apple"}
console.log(response);

let beautified = JSON.stringify(response, null, 4)
// or let beautified = JSON.stringify(response, null, '\t')

console.log(beautified);

Thankyou that worked perfectly.

I am curious as to whether there is a way to get postman to give me this output without using a third party site? As the second screenshot I provided is the instruction I’m following and it looks to provide this output in the postman wizard.

Thankyou for your help, though, solved! :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean.

How are you producing the second screenshot.

In theory, if you select pretty\JSON in your response, then it should format it nicely.

EDIT:

Check the content type in the request and response.

The response should be showing.

Content-Type: application/json

For example…

If it does this, then I would hope that Postman would pick it up automatically and pretty print it (which I think is the technical term for this).

If the server doesn’t send the content type correctly, this might be why Postman is not automatically formatting it for you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.