For the last week or two I’ve been trying to track down the cause of a crash I’m experiencing in Postman 7.16.0 and 7.16.1
The scenario is:
I have ~380 requests to retrieve individual webpages, and then for each request there are a handful of simple assertions against the HTML response (just checking that the response body has some strings I’m looking for).
There are 16 iterations of this, one for each language the site supports - the iterations are determined by a CSV file I add to the runner.
Everything goes well until around 70% of the way through the run, Postman stops responding - then comes back, then stops responding again…and eventually the Postman windows (editor and runner) just close without any sign of an error or message.
I’ve gone through some of the log files I could find in \AppData\Roaming\Postman but haven’t found anything particularly useful (I could be looking in the wrong place).
A couple workarounds for this I’ve found is to split my language CSV file in half and that seems to not crash Postman. Unfortunately this requires doing two runs, one at a time (as running both halves at the same time will also crash)
I’ve also found that manually installing Postman 7.10.0 before the run does not crash, but Postman force updates itself back to 7.16.1 each time I close it.
An additional side effect of the crash is that Postman hangs indefinitely on the next launch (after a reboot, even)
The crash has occurred on 4 different machines, 3 running Windows 10 and 1 Mac that I do not know the exact OS version of off the top of my head.
The Windows machines have 16, 32, and 64GB of RAM respectively, modern-ish CPUs (Intel 7th & 8th gen i7s + 1 Xeon of some sort), modern GPUs (1070, 1080ti, and a 2080ti I believe), SSDs…etc
Just now I have fresh installed Windows 10 on one of the machines in an attempt to rule out software conflicts and/or settings/config shenanigans - no luck.
Please let me know if I can provide any additional details