Postman monitors report generation

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to download the past 90 days postman monitor report. I have 10 requests in a collection and I would like to get the average response time of each request in a day. My monitor runs every hour. So it will be average of 24 calls for each request in the collection.

All I see is that the response time of all 10 requests is added up in the graph. Is there a way to get the summary of the monitor which contains the average response time of each request in a collection??

Hey!

You should be able to change the view to “Individual Requests” to see the individual graphs for each request.

Filtering by request may also help if you have many.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

@kevinc-postman

I know that we can filter by requests. But what if I want to get an average of response time for a request for 30 days interval. We will have to manually enter the response time of each day in the calculator and divide it by 30 to get the average.

So instead of this there should be some dashboard setup, so that we can get to know the average response time of a request for specified interval.

Ah! I see what you’re saying.

In that case, I would suggest submitting a feature request.

In the mean time, there are several workarounds that could work:

1. Use Newman with custom reports: Newman is a command-line Collection Runner for Postman. You can use Newman to run your collections and then create custom reports using reporters like Newman Reporter HTMLExtra or write your own reporter. This can give you detailed information about each request including the response time.
  2. Postman API: Postman has an API that can be used to access your Postman data. You could potentially use this API to fetch the results of your monitor runs and then process the results to get the data you need. However, you’ll need to do a bit of data processing and calculation on your side as the API does not provide average response times directly.
  3. Custom Scripts: You can write scripts in the Tests section for each request to calculate and log the response time. You could store these results in an environment variable or send them to an external service for logging and further processing. This requires some coding and setup on your part but provides a flexible way to get the exact data you need.

Thanks for the suggestion, @kevinc-postman

I would submit a feature request. Let me see how it goes.