Postman gets 404 not found

I have an API which I imported into postman. I setup all my creds etc. I hit send in postman and the response is a 404…

{code} Response Body

Not Found{code}

yet I take that same request, hit the code button, copy the curl command as is - paste it into terminal and it works! - so whats wrong with postman that it gets a 404?

Hey @TB582 welcome to the Postman community.

Can you give us a bit more information here? Sounds like something simple I am sure but without an example its hard to tell for sure what it could be.

Could you share with us the call? randomizing anything private of course such as URL and auth info, etc.

Sure - here’s the curl command that works:
curl -X GET
https://myFavSite.com/api/v2/syndications?&client_id=me&api_token=excellent
-H ‘Accept: /
-H ‘Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate’
-H ‘Cache-Control: no-cache’
-H ‘Connection: keep-alive’
-H ‘Host: myFavSite.com
-H ‘Postman-Token: 2403524023’
-H ‘User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.19.0’
-H ‘cache-control: no-cache’

Thx for that @TB582. Everything looks to be correct.

Have you tried opening the Postman Console (View -> Show Postman Console) to see exactly what is being sent? Just to verify what is being sent in Postman is the same as what you see above.

HI, I’m having the same problem.

I’m doing a POST on the this url: https://mot2-mockserver-5satdtbe5a-nw.a.run.app/login
…using the following headers:
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 43
and the body being a json:
{“username”: “3457”,“password”: “pruebas1”}

I get a 404
If I execute the curl command that the code panel of Postman shows me , I get a 200.

Why is that?

hello i have this warn
can anyone help me?

Hi @kaoutharmallouli, Welcome to the community!

Seeing the screenshot, your code seems to be on Spring.

It seems there is issue with association of method to your function. Can you please check.

Generally, @GetMapping associates the method to index function.

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same exact problem as was reported 2 years ago. Only this time my requests are being made to an Azure REST API. Request works fine using curl in terminal or executing via Go code, but not in Postman. Carefully ensured all headers matched exactly, same request payload, same method, and same exact url. No cookies are involved.

Same issue for me. Did you find a solution to your problem @pierre.pirault ?

I have the same issue now. @pierre.pirault / @agin.patrick please let me know the solution for the same. Thank you!

Hi,
In my case, I have a post mapping and with all required headers and body the request reached to the api and calls it successfully (checked from application log), but in postman response it is 404. Any idea?

Hi,
In my case, I have a post mapping and with all required headers and body the request reached to the api and calls it successfully (checked from application log), but in postman response it is 404. Any idea?

I run into the same issue when using postman macos agent, solved by uncheck system network proxy :

i am getting this exact behavior.
perfectly good execution with curl, even using the code out of postman.
postman request gets a 404.
console looks perfect, disabled ‘use system proxy’, nothing helps.

i am attempting to use postman as a simple desktop tool to quickly iterate through various payloads, but it seems broken in non-obvious ways and i’ve wasted over an hour.

pretty sad.