Postman crashes at startup and cannot get it to un-crash without losing all my collections

Steps to reproduce:

• Go to %appdata%
  • Delete or Rename Postman
  • Open postman again, now new data is created.
  • Click Skip login, go to app
  • Click Import
  • Click Raw Text
  • Paste the following:
  • Click import

curl --request POST
–url ‘https://x’
–header ‘Authorization: Basic x’
–header ‘Accept: application/json’
–header ‘Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded’
–data ‘grant_type=client_credentials&scope=x’ | jq

(Raw text to paste, not sure if form formatting breaks it somehow: curl --request POST \ --url 'https://x' \ --header 'Authorization: Basic x - Pastebin.com)

Result:

Next steps:

• Close or taskkill postman
  • Reopen postman
  • Still showing only showing:

Something Went Wrong
Postman has encountered an error. If this problem persists, contact us at help@postman.com

I can get postman to work again by deleting %appdata% postman, but I have a lot of local postman collections that I don’t want to lose…

On the error box page I can’t do anything. No menu, pressing Alt won’t show up a menu…

Is there a way to unbrick my postman without deleting all the app data?

Is there any solution for this issue.
I am also facing the same issue in Windows 11.

I cannot even open the Postman application for getting the version of the app.

This doesn’t solve. Postman keeps crashing on me in Windows 11. with clean install and AppData deleted. after the crash, Windows Tasks Manager keeps showing two instances of Postman processes

Same problem on Fedora 39, 2024.01.26
installed via rpm, dnf, asked for login, then as soon as you sign it, instant-crash forever, can’t do anything.

Hey all :wave:,

The best place to report issues is over on our Github issue tracker - It’s the fastest method of getting it in front of the team:

Reporting issues on the Postman Community Forum will likely get lost in the threads as more folks are asking a variety of questions each day. :pray:

same here (Rocky 9)
Postman auto kill it’s process after login.