Multiple instances of Postman

Hi,
Is It possible to launch multiple instances of Postman app from the same host?
The scenario is the following.
Several testers of a same team access a remote Linux machine where Postman is installed. They login using the same Linux user account, so that each of them will launch an instances of Postman under a same Linux user.
However the attempt to run a second instance when a first one is already opened fails. The testers should be able to work concurrently so that each can run some part of a shared collection.
Any help?
Thanks

Indeed my original problem is that if two testers run 2 instances of Postman in the described conditions, the last one gets back this error “main error “WindowManager~getSharedWindow: Shared window is not available”” and the app fails to open.
If any has a solution to this root cause, it’s appreciated

Hmmm you can open multiple windows of a single Postman instance.

This is in Mac, I would believe we’d have a similar option in Windows.

Also if you want to work on shared collections at the same time, created a Postman team would be easier. There is a free tier and you can have 25 shared requests for free which will sync across a team workspace.

https://learning.getpostman.com/docs/postman/launching_postman/collaboration/

4 Likes

It’s now available in Windows too, I’m on version 7.36.5.

Ok but how do we run two instances using different logins? The moment I log out in one instance, it logs me out in the other too.
Actually all I really need to be able to do is transfer my workspace (including environments etc.) from one login to another.

1 Like