Integrations: how Postman plays with some of your favorite tools

Learn how to make home-grown integrations, or use the pre-built ones.

Hi Joyce, I did not see Azure Devops listed in integrations; Is that available, and if not, are there plans to expand to include it? Thank you!

@sdooley_he unfortunately, we don’t currently have an inbuilt integration for Azure Devops / VSTS. Can you tell me a bit about your primary use case(s) for integration?

If for general CI/CD, Jon Gallant who I believe works for the Azure team writes some pretty great articles, including this one:

The only part I might add is that instead of exporting a local JSON file of the Postman collection (and environment if you have one), you can instead use the Postman API to retrieve the latest version of your collection (and env).

If that doesn’t scratch your itch, you might want to chime in with your use case here:

Very good. I’ll give those a try Thanks.

Hi Joyce; I reviewed the links you sent; We are using the Teams version of Postman, so I expect there are no limitations re: rate limit. I am trying to set it up, but the discussions may be a little dated, given that they were written in 2017. But I will see how far I get. Thanks.

There’s no limit to using Newman. However if you’ll be using the Postman API to get the latest version of your collection and environment (recommended), there is a rate limit of either 100k or 1M monthly calls to the Postman API depending on your team plan.

Ok; we will have to deal with limits if that becomes an issue. In https://learning.getpostman.com/docs/postman_for_publishers/run_button/creating_run_button/

It discusses using the Run In Postman button; How do I get the markup or Html if the collection is already shared? Seems this is needed to use the Postman API, but how do you get that in this situation? Is it possible to get the collection_id and other required data and fill those in to the sample markup, to get this to work?

Thank you

From the Postman API documentation,

1. Click the Run in Postman button at the top of that page to import the collection in your Postman app.
  2. Then, you can GET all of your collections and locate your collection_uid.

This video (at 1:34) shows you how to do Step 2 and onward: https://youtu.be/3pMyO5ggq8I?t=94