Double curly braces to reference variables is not working

Your question may already have an answer on the community forum. Please search for related topics, and then read through the guidelines before creating a new topic.

Here’s an outline with best practices for making your inquiry.

My question:
Double curly braces to reference variable not working when used in scheduled tests in the cloud. Is this already a known issue?

Details (like screenshots):

When scheduling a test in the Postman Cloud using the curly braces to reference my variable in the POST body it fails my tests every time, but runs fine running it manually.

e.g. body with reference variable such as this fails when running the test as schedule test in the cloud
{
“userName” : {{userName}},
“password” : {{password}}

}

My variables are at the collection level in the example above.

How I found the problem:

Scheduling my testa and watching failure notification emails

I’ve already tried:

• Hard coded the values

Hi @descent-module-candi - is it possible that you have unsaved changes or you don’t have INITIAL values saved for your collection variables? Postman servers don’t have access to CURRENT values (if different from Initial). And that would be one reason why your tests are passing locally, but not in the cloud.

There is also a different way to persist variables between scheduled collection runs if you’re running the collection multiple times and expecting the updates to be saved.

Postman servers don’t have access to CURRENT values (if different from Initial).

Oh this could be it let me give this a try

Thank you that worked.