Does Postman backup git integrated Collections to cloud?

Hi,

In the context of the recent Scratchpad changes, at my company we are keen to look at options that allow us to use Collections but not necessarily have them saved on Postman cloud. One of the options we were thinking on was to save the Collections to Git / Bitbucket.

My question is - Even with git integration for Collections, will Postman still keep a copy of the collection on Postman cloud?

It’s built that way unless someone changes things in the code there is no longer any way to work with postman collections without sharing everything related to that collection on the postman cloud, environments included except for the current_value field.
Not sure how secrets are handled really but I would not be surprised if they were also sent to the cloud heavily encrypted but still in the cloud.

The postman team is aggressively leveraging its tool to get to people’s privacy. They are hiding behind the fact they are maintaining the same sets of features twice (which obviously is a lie).

• the fact that they are trying to mitigate (to forbid?) disgrunted people to give their feedback here or to answer on that topic (topics are closed in days following their original post and do not stay accessible a month as it is by default)

Disclairmer : so they do this on purpose, lying on theur real intentions, so we can’t trust them anymore (for those still trusting them)

@altimetry-cosmolog17

The postman team is aggressively leveraging its tool to get to people’s privacy. They are hiding behind the fact they are maintaining the same sets of features twice (which obviously is a lie).

Every user has the ability to Export all of their data, without needing to sign up for an account.

No one is being forced to use Postman, you need to make the right choice for you in your own context, if that choice is to move away from the platform, you’re free do that with your data.

The reason for sunsetting Scratch Pad are clearly stated in the blog post, we released in May, over 4 months before the changes took effect.

We are being up front and honest about the changes and giving users plenty of warning and offering options to either use the Lightweight API Client (Signed out version), Export your data or create an account and Migrate the Scratch Pad data into a Workspace.

the fact that they are trying to mitigate (to forbid?) disgrunted people to give their feedback here or to answer on that topic (topics are closed in days following their original post and do not stay accessible a month as it is by default)

I have personally tagged each of the related scratchpad topics, in order to group them together, making it easier for people to find them. These are largely duplicates, all about the same topic and generally around either “Where has my data gone” or “How can I access my data”. These questions have all been responded too and the people are now aware of how to find their data.

The topics has been closed, to reduce the burden of having to manage and respond to 30+ topics, at the same time. The topics are still publically accessible and can be referenced in new topics, if these do not answer users questions. We also have a dedicated email address migrate@postman.com to answer any specific questions.

I’m here all the time, if you would like to Private Message me, please feel free to do that. I’m even offering to jump on a video call, if that’s what you require.

I only ask that everything is kept civil and professional - Opening topics with abusive titles or resorting to personal attacks within the topics is just unacceptable and a breach of the Code of Conduct that everyone has agreed to follow. Those topics that break the CoC and the users posting them, will be removed from the forum.

First you develop a free, very convenient and powerful tool for user to use it.

Then you progressively make it mandatory to log into your “free” app.

For me, it’s the exactly same scenario as other majors have done before (mostly gogol).

And we know very well what they are doing with OUR data, so don’t put your best the blushing corporate bleached smile on me, it does not work.

I think you lie, I’ve read your blogspot, and I think you expose false reasons for us to believe.

And YES, we have choices, but to give a candy, make users habits for years using your tool and then put a knife in the back like that remind me kind of drug dealers techniques.

Thanks

You censored my message 3 times, arguing it was a duplicate (also a lie because I was pointing your dishonest methods).

At least assume your point, you want more money, you want to compile more data in order to monetize it.

Closing this topic and the messages being posted are no longer on the topic, of the original question.