Desktop Agent Unavailable

I have the same issue as of March 23, 2021: Web version of Postman not working at all. ā€œSendā€ button is disabled, saying ā€œDesktop Agent unavailable - Make sure the Desktop Agent is installed and check your toolbar to see if itā€™s running.ā€. Yes the agent is running and saying ā€œDisconnectedā€.

I use Chrome.

What can I do ?

@maurif Could you switch to ā€œCloud agentā€ and see if that works?

Also check if these steps mentioned here further helps.

1 Like

@subramanya.raj Thanks for your reply. Sorry, but I donā€™t have such option to switch to Cloud Agent. This is what I see on the Desktop Agent. Iā€™ve already clicked on Check For Updates, but nothing happens.

1 Like

This is an option that you will see within Postman - which allows you to switch between the various agents available.

1 Like

@danny-dainton Thakns for your reply. Yes, I found it now, Cloud Agent enables ā€˜Sendā€™ . Thanks

1 Like

Thank you! It does solve the problem!

Hello ! Iā€™m new to postmanā€¦ and i want to do a localhost request, the site tell me to use the desktop agentā€¦ iā€™ve download it, but i still have the problem, even if postman is launch etc,
Its keep telling me the same things :
in the bottomā€¦
and in my task barā€¦
(Iā€™ve open postman with the button Open Postman ā€¦ and i refresh the page much time ā€¦)

Could you try the steps as mentioned in this response and see if that helps?

Iā€™ve already done them, but ā€¦ not with an another browsers, but it should repair it !

yes i am try and success

1 Like

I am still the problem where the the Desktop agent is preventing me from working and have tried all of the above - is there a fix for this.

thank you for that helpful tip!

Iā€™m having the same issue when sending requests to localhost, the send button is disabled with a message saying desktop agent unavailable, I can assure it is actually available and running.

1 Like

If it can help anyone on firefox: If you have an extension for ā€œHTTPS everywhereā€, the web postman will NOT be able to communicate with the desktop agent. You only need to disable that and you can keep any other adblock/tracker block/etc for postman.

I have used postman with Microsoft Edge and met the same problem. I tried to go to edge://flags/ and press the ā€œReset allā€ button on the top of the page, then restarted the browser, and the postman agents worked after that.

I was facing similar issue with postman Web not connecting to postman agent even though the agent was running in the toolbar. The reason was Brave Sheild.

1 Like

The problem still prevents me from sending requests to localhost. After installing the Postman desktop agent, it functioned normally for a week before suddenly stating that the desktop agent is unavailable. When I check the Auto-select agent from the footer, it asks me to download the desktop agent even though it is already installed on my local machine.

Using postman web
Postman-Agent-win64-0.4.19-Setup