Could not send request Error: Request timed out

I had the same issue but standard troubleshooting (restarts, reinstalls, firewall changes) didn’t fix it. What worked for me was installing an older version after completely uninstalling the current version.

  1. Thorough Uninstall: Uninstall Postman and delete leftover files from:
  • C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Roaming
  • C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Local\Postman
  1. Install Older Version
  2. Disable Auto-Updates: Updating to the latest version brought the problem back.

I used 9.1.5(yes very old) but does the job for me currently, trying a slightly newer, but still older than the latest, version might be worth it. This workaround should help others until Postman releases a fix.

this worked for me, I was having this same problem. Now I’m working with an old version 10.18.11
I hope they fix this issue soon so i can update to a newer version.

Hey folks,

As the original issue was reported in 2022 and against a version, 3 major versions behind the current one - It would be really hopeful for someone to provide all the details of their issue, in their own context, so that we can take a closer look at it.

I’m also having the same issue with v11.68.5.

Request works just fine with curl and also the browser. Although i’m having issues with multiple endpoints i will just put one here.

curl --location ‘``https://api.linkedin.com/v2/userinfo’``
–header ‘Content-Type: application/json’
–header ‘Authorization: Bearer SECRET_ACCESS_TOKEN’

This curl request works just fine in terminal. But in Postman it says, Error:Request timed out

Directly From console:

GET https://api.linkedin.com/v2/userinfo

GET /v2/userinfo HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: Bearer <SECRET_ACCESS_TOKEN>
User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.49.0
Accept: */*
Postman-Token: 79a22ffe-7461-4165-9871-6c6aecd7581f
Host: api.linkedin.com
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Connection: keep-alive

Environment: Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS (64 bit)

Also this happens only for some GET requests. not all of them

Hey @science-specialist-2 :waving_hand:

Welcome to the Postman Community! :postman:

Are you using the Web or Desktop client to run the request that’s timing out for you?

I’m using desktop client.

Actually after i downgraded postman to version 10, it works just fine. No issues at all.

I guess something wrong with the new version.

Thanks for the early response.