Clickable Link in API Response- Opening in a browser instead of as new request in postman

Hi there,

If there is a link in the API response then can it be opened in a browser upon clicking it, can we take this as an enhancement for future release ?

Hey @naveensharma89,
Postman already supports this. You can open the link in a browser by holding the command key (in Mac) or Ctrl (Windows/Linux) and clicking on the link.

3 Likes

thank you so much for enlightening this for me. Appreciate your help!

This doesn’t seem to work for me. I’m on a Mac. Holding down the command key and clicking on a link in a JSON response always opens it in a new Postman tab. I’m running Postman Version 7.6.0.

You might need to restart the Postman.

I just stumbled across this through a Google Search,

I have determined that cmd+click on my external keyboard causes the link to open in a new Postman tab. However, clicking the link with the cmd key on my Macbook does in fact open the link in the browser.

Very bizzare!

Hey, is there a way to do this from the visualizer?

Ctrl-Clicks works, however when doing this from Postman Web it actually opens the URL in the same tab as Postman itself, destroying all unsaved changes without asking!

Please make Ctrl-Click open the URL in a new tab.

Hey Bhargav,

Can we open link in browser automatically with some code, my collection failed in automation because the link is unable to open in browser and the next api gets failed. Can you please help me.