Can I use the JSON values from an API requests I called as key parameters to call another (different) API request?

Hello,

I am new to Postman and was wondering if there is a way to use the JSON values from an API requests I called as key parameters to call another (different) API request?

Can you please clarify a few items.

When you say “values from an API request”. Do you mean the request or response values?

Response values are covered in the Postman “Galaxy Testing and Automation” training in the Learning Center.

Request values are a bit more difficult.

Sorry for the uncorrect wording. I meant using the keys in a JSON file I got as a response to call a new API request with multiple parameters (where the parameters are the keys in the previous response I mentioned).

If you mean the keys\values from the JSON response of a previous request, then I would recommend going through the training as its covered in there.

It’s a fairly standard use case to pass values from a response to be used in the values for the next request in a collection or folder.

If you are new to Postman, I would recommend the “Galaxy APIs 101” course first as this explains the elements in the Postman application (including the console logs). Then the “Galaxy Testing and Automation” course which will explain how to create workflows and how to pass values between requests using variables.